An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in the us in 2017, in accordance with a Pew Research Center analysis of this U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical individuals who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this consists of immigrants from Colombia and people who trace their family ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic beginning surviving in the usa, accounting for just two% of this U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the population that is colombian-origin increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million within the duration. At exactly the same time, the Colombian foreign-born populace surviving in the U.S. expanded by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017. In contrast, Mexicans, the nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin group, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, associated with the Hispanic populace in 2017.
Colombian-origin population into the U.S., 2000-2017
|Year||international born||U.S. created|
Pew Analysis Center
Listed here key points compare demographic and financial faculties associated with Colombian-origin population in the U.S. because of the faculties of U.S. Hispanics in addition to U.S. populace overall. It really is according to Pew analysis Center tabulations for the 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics within the U.S., about 33% are international born, weighed against 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians will be in the U.S. for over twenty years, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have acquired at the very least a degree that is bachelorвЂ™s compared to 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U.S. born are far more most most likely compared to the foreign born to have bachelorвЂ™s level or maybe more (42% vs. 30%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000, compared with $28,600 for Colombians among U.S. hispanics.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics obtained lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom reside in poverty (19%) is more than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians into the U.S., prices of homeownership are lower for the U.S. born than international born (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The population that is colombian focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The median age of U.S. Hispanics (29) is leaner than that of Colombians (37) plus the U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less likely to want to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians ages 18 and older, those who find themselves international created are more inclined to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. Hispanic women many years 15 to 44 gave delivery when you look at the one year before the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian ladies had been 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or talk English at the very least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, since are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the info
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin group-specific reality sheets: